Saturday, July 26, 2014

Breckenridge, CO

I've been lax getting the blog done.  We got into Breckenridge on Thursday afternoon and Lauren, Heather, and Ben joined us about an hour later as they came in from Denver.  We had a great time walking down to the Main Street and having a meal at the Motherload Tavern.  Ben ordered a half rack of ribs; ate them all plus the watermelon and fries, and then ate a deep fat-fried Twinkie.  We kidded him about having a hollow leg.
Friday Lauren fixed all of us omelets.  JayDee & Julia joined us for breakfast.
Barry, JD, & Julia went for a walk down to the art festival.  The kids went down later.  I'm having a little trouble with the altitude.  Any physical activity and I feel like I don't have enough oxygen; get a little lightheaded, etc.  I'm trying to drink plenty of water and conserving energy.  That's the long story for why I didn't go with Barry to the art festival.
At 3:45 we boarded the bus for Megan & Zack's wedding celebration.  The setting was beautiful at Dillon Lake.  The weather was cool, windy, with slight times of rain.  During the actual ceremony, the rain stopped and no one seemed to mind the wind.  The rest of the evening was wonderful.  The time to visit was great, the meal delicious, and the dance was a good time.  Barry & I didn't do any dancing due to my altitude problem, but it was great to see all the others dancing.
Enjoy and talk to you later.


Megan & Zach at Dillon Lake


No comments:

Post a Comment